What is the Understanding Exploitation programme?
Understanding Exploitation is a one-to-one programme of support for young people who have been the victim of, or who are at risk of, exploitation.
The programme supports young people around the following issues:
- Sexual Exploitation
- Criminal Exploitation
- Online Harassment
- Revenge Pornography
- Honour-based Abuse
- Forced Marriage
The programme aims
- To educate young people and parents/carers around the signs of healthy and unhealthy relationships and friendships to allow them to spot the warning signs of exploitation early
- To educate young people about how to keep themselves safe at home, in the community and in relationships and also how to safely leave exploitative relationships/friendships
- To support young people to look forward to their future and make achievable goals for their life
- To work in a multi-agency manner to ensure the safety of young people within our communities and to create links with statutory, voluntary and third sector organisations
- To understand the needs of local communities and hotspots of exploitation to help protect young people within our communities