Domestic abuse doesn’t stop because you get older: it can be experienced at any age.
Domestic abuse of an older person often includes many of the abusive behaviours other victims are subjected to. Additionally, an older person may be subjected to:
- Being denied access to external support such as care agencies and social services
- Threatening or denying access to grandchildren
- Threats to put you into a care home
- Controlling medication
- Controlling your finances
- Trying to gain power of attorney
- Isolating you from your support networks
Our services include helping you to gain safe accommodation if you need to or are considering leaving; supporting you without judgement to be safe if you decide to stay, and helping you navigate other services to ensure you are receiving the help you are entitled to, at the right time.
We can also provide emotional and practical support to help you steer through the abuse you are experiencing.